Happy birthday to me!

I must admit that this is probably one of the best birthdays I have had!  This is right up there with Josh and me celebrating in Orlando last year.  There have been so many happy and rich moments that I deeply appreciate. 
This morning, me and mom went out to breakfast, which was great because we never do anything like that.  And because it was just us two, there weren't any distractions and we could just talk and have fun together.  Afterwards, we decided that this was something that we needed to do more regularly.  :-]
Guess who told me happy birthday via Facebook?!  Karen Kingsbury!  Yes, the Karen Kingsbury!!!  :-]  I am sooo star-struck and it really means a lot that she took the time out to write a little message on my wall.  Also, one of my favorite bloggers, Drea had her baby today!  She also took the time during her strong contractions to wish me a happy birthday and let me know that me and the little one might have to share today!  I cannot wait to see the pictures!
When I got to work, I had a card, cake, roses and balloons from some of the girls.  Krissy even put, "Happy birthday Ashley" on our sign outside.  They are so sweet and really spoiled me.  :-] 
While writing this, I had another dozen of roses and some balloons delivered to me from my Lover.  This time, they were not in a box!  ;-]  They are so beautiful.
And, finally, my mom just stopped in to deliver my birthday gift . . . a beautfil diamond heart necklace.  :-]  Aaahh,  I love this day. 
Tonight after work, Josh and I are heading down to Chicago to have dinner at Navy Pier and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel.  And tomorrow, we are going to grab lunch and spend the day at the Shedd Aquarium.  I am really excited because it will be just us two spending some quality time together.  :-]  Another highlight is that New Moon comes out tomorrow!  Yay!  :-] 

Honestly, I thought today was literally going to be "just another day."  I obvisouly have been proven wrong.  I think it's when we don't expect anything at all when we are really blessed.

Posted byAshley C. at 2:12 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment