. . . these are my struggles . . .

When you're away from your blog for quite some time, bad things happen.  And by "bad things," I mean that you miss many opportunities to write about important things.  I have so busy the past week and I haven't even been able to visit any other blogs; it definitely saddens me.  What have I wanted to blog about?  Well, let's see . . . the gorilla (yes, gorilla, not monkey) on my back that keeps reminding me of my past, my bitterness, and my stubbornness, or about the awkwardness Josh and I experience since we are an interracial couple or how weird it feels for us to walk into pricey stores, or about the biggest struggle I face almost everyday, or about the awesome deals I have been getting and how much better I am at couponing.  Those are just a few to name. 

As you can see, I have not written one of those.  Maybe it's me just rebelling against myself and refusing to blog about those kinds of things because I would rather not face those giants at the moment.  OR, maybe it's me just being busy.  Yeah, I'll go with the second one.  :-] 

I will not be ignoring my blogging nudges anymore!  This area is for me to express myself and to possibly be an encouragement to others or even tick others off.  But, these are my struggles and this is my blog. :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 11:19 AM  

1 comments:

KateyDe said... Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 9:19:00 PM PDT  

Ashley,
I am proud of you for being the woman of God that you are. I don't see color for the most part. When people hurt me, yes, I may for a season. Don't see it in Josh. Just a gorgeous guy. You are so blessed.
He is a man of God, with wisdom. I can only pray Tobey and I get to see the beautiful wedding you are going to have. (HINT x infinity)

My best friend is black. When he goes shopping, I go with him in that cool Lewis Avenue store. He treats me like a wife, I play along, call him honey etc. and we bicker over what to buy. People stare, glare whatever. People are people green, black or yellow. It is what is inside that count. The Spirit of God dwells in you both.
You are so very blessed to have gotten the man God sent you.BTW,Do most folks know that JESUS had DARK skin? They ought to read about Him. He is quite a cool guy, wouldn't you agree?
Don't sweat the small stuff. Walk through the fire. Nothing will touch you. You both are being refined. May hurt some (yes, a lot sometimes) but you will both be as gold.
Love you Girlfriend.
Kathleen

Post a Comment