I have fallen in love

Today I have fallen in love with Josh even more.  Yesterday we had a talk.  Josh told me that he's really been praying a lot about us.  He told me that we should wait longer to be married.  After all of the time we've ever talked about being married, we were almost sure that we would be getting married in 2010 but after yesterday, I think that's changed.  He suggested that we wait a little bit longer to get our financial situation straightened out, have time to establish ourselves in our careers, and most important of all, become closer to God.  As ashamed I am to admit this, he asked me "have you been praying for us?" And I had to be honest. No! He looked me in my eyes and said "I am not comfortable being the only one in this relationship praying for us.  You need to be close to God."

I took his advice and I am going to pursue after God the way I never have before.

While in the car today I told Josh, "This is it.  I need to be the Christian girl I used to be."  He replied by saying, "No, you need to be the Christian woman you've never been."  That . . . that is the most loving thing that someone can tell you.  I thank God for my godly man. 

Posted byAshley C. at 9:24 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 1:51:00 PM PST  

Oh, I love it ... it's so good to hear about a godly man! And, everything will happen in God's perfect timing. (I keep telling myself that-too) : )

Post a Comment