When will I get really good at this . . .?

I woke up today with eagerness.  It's Sunday, so that means coupons day!  I was excited because my mom and I made plans to make some homemade laundry detergent.  I also have a big bag of clothes that I no longer like or want, so I needed to go drop that off.  And I also had to drop something off at the Post Office.  Josh was still sleeping, so I didn't feel rushed.  I stopped at Jewel to pick up some things (including my paper) and then headed to the Salvation Army to drop the clothes off. I wanted to get a receipt for 2010 tax purposes but no one was there because, duh, it's Sunday; they are closed!  Then, I went home, totally forgetting about the post office. Bleh. 
But, when I got home, I cut all of my coupons (and there were some really good ones!)  When I finished, I checked my coupon inventory and then started looking through the sale ads to see if anything caught my eye.  Of course there was!  :-]  But only at Jewel and Walgreens.  I was so excited to use my coupons . . . and in the end, did not save as much as I thought I would.  Here's what I came out with:

Old Spice Deodorant: $3.99
Old Spice Body Wash: $4.99
   (Buy one, get one 50% off and $1 off coupon)
Gillette Fushion Razor Cartridges (4 pack): $14.99
Gillette Fushion Shaving Gel: $4.29
Gillette Fushion Razor: $8.99
   (MFG coupon: Buy cartridges, get razor free. In-store deal: Buy cartridges, get shaving gel free.  So, I only paid for the 4-pack cartridges)
Venus Razor (3 pack): $8.99
   ($2 off coupon)
2 Packs of Orbit Gum: $2.99
   (In-store: 2/$1)
2 Nestle Crunch bars: $.99
   (MFG coupon: Buy one, get one free.  Catalina: $.49 for 1)
                        Total: $53.21
                       I Paid: $27.54
                     I Saved: $25.67

I thought I had some really good coupons, but obviously I spent a little much.  When will I get really good at this whole couponing thing?  :-/  It's kind of frustrating, but I guess it takes a little bit of time to learn, eh?

Posted byAshley C. at 5:18 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment