We're engaged!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!  You know what I'm talking about!  I no longer have to wish and hope and dream about the proposal. ;-]  I am officially soon-to-be Mrs. Joshua Staples!!!! Woot woot!!!!  If my computer weren't charging, I would still be running around the house screaming and dancing . . . and posing with my new ring in the mirror!  ;-] 

Yesterday, Josh and I spent the entire afternoon hanging out at Navy Pier.  The weather was perfect; the breeze was perfect; the Summery, warm, comfortable feeling of the day couldn't have been better.  We walked around Navy Pier and decided to take a seat on one of the benches.  I kicked my legs over his, he layed his arm across my shoulders and we just hung out and flirted.  Not just any kind of flirting; the kind of flirting where I have to ask myself, Have we really been dating for 5 years? the kind of flirting that stirs butterflies in my stomach.  I was cuddled in his arms and simply enjoying the moment for what it was.  After we both could no longer fight our hunger feeling, we agreed to grab dinner at Harry Caray's.  While eating dinner, I told him, You know that day that I've been wanting all Summer?  The day where we just hang out, walk hand-in-hand with our ice cream cones, enjoying each other's company?  This is that day.  This day is so perfect it seems unreal.  He just smiled.  Shortly after, I told him, Babe, I just want you to know that I don't even need a ring.  As long as I can have your last name, I am perfectly okay with that.  He just laughed and said "Yeah right!"
After dinner, we rode the ferris wheel and then were determined to find a bench amongst the tons and tons of people standing around waiting for a bench to clear to watch the fireworks.  We found the perfect bench and were sure that there wasn't a better seat at Navy Pier.  After the fireworks were over, I stood up and was ready to go since he had work the next morning and we had a long ride home, but Josh asked, "What time is it?"  9:12, I said.  "Sit back down, we still have some time to hang out."  So, we decided just to hang around and enjoy the perfect, warm breeze and that special moment that is so difficult to duplicate.  He had his arm around my shoulders and I kicked my feet up on the bench, leaned my back into his side, rested my head on his chest and nestled in closely to him. 

Why don't you just propose to me already?  Hey, wouldn't it be so cool if when you . . . And I was cut off by Josh placing this beautiful diamond ring in front of me.  I quickly gasped for a breath, turned around and looked at Josh, who was already on his knee.  Babe, are you serious? 
"Ashley Leilani-Nicole Couch, I love you sooo much.  Will you marry me?"  And the only word that could come out of my mouth was Yes. I grabbed him in the tightest hug and just started crying.  Crying because I couldn't have imagined a more perfect moment, on a more perfect day, with the most perfect guy I have ever met.  I couldn't believe that the moment I had been waiting for for so long had finally just happened.  The ring that he placed on my finger was THE perfect ring. 

I just kept hugging him, looking at him, and kissing him . . . and repeated about 30 times haha!  He said, "If I would have known I was going to get this many kisses, I would have asked sooner!"  So we just sat around, talked about what each other was feeling, assuring him that the ring was absolutely perfect, and promising that I didn't know he had a jewelry box in his side pocket.  Any of you that know me know that I ask Josh every day When are we getting engaged?  Is the day any closer?  Are we going to be engaged by ______?  Have you even purchased the ring yet?  What does my ring look like?  You already know the day you're going to ask me?  I am just the biggest eager beaver when it comes to wanting to be his fiance.  So for me to tell him, Why don't you just propose to me already?  was just another comment/question that the day couldn't end without.  But, I did not expect him to take me literally!  :-]

I still cannot believe that he is my fiance!  It really hasn't hit me, I don't think.  I can't believe that within the next year we will be shopping for wedding bands, looking for a place to live,  joining our bank accounts (YES!  I mean . . . ), looking for wedding attire, looking at furniture and appliances . . . taking steps to sharing the same last name . . . eeeek, it sounds amazing!!!!! 

And for those of you that are curious, the ring is a 1.5 carat solitaire.  ;-]  Yipeeee!!!! Homie did good!!!

Posted byAshley C. at 7:53 PM  

2 comments:

TobeysGirl said... Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 1:24:00 PM PDT  

I cannot tell you how happy I am for you! Tobey wants to know why I have this goofy grin on my face and just why I am I crying???!!! He says "Oh like when I asked you huh?" I well we are really happy for you guys! Congratulations Ashley and Josh!!!

Kris said... Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 8:22:00 PM PDT  

I am VERY HAPPY for you both! You are an amazing couple and I know that you will have a blessed and happy life. Yay!

Post a Comment