Finding my identity

I am almost positive that I'm having an early mid-life (20's?) crisis; not 100% sure, but almost.  You know how when you start junior high, you begin trying to find your identity?  You are trying to discover if you fit better with this group or that group; whether it would be cool to do this or if you'd be better off doing that.  Whether talking that way would be cuter or if you sound more smart talking that way.  If your entire life will change for the better dating this guy or just living for the moment and dating that guy (okay, go ahead and admit you've been there!).  Well, I'm sure I'm at that point again, but this time with photography. 

Do I make a better photog photographing this way or that?
Heck, can I even consider myself a photog?  Am I even "good enough?"
Is this really worth putting in years to see what might happen down the road?
Do I even really want to be doing photography later down the road?
Which direction do I see/feel myself heading?  Couples only?  Wedding?  Children?  Family?
Which direction would I feel most comfortable and be most successful in? 
Is that piece of equipment worth the investment? Will I even use it or am I just on one of those "highs?"
How can I stop comparing my skill to that photog that's been investing years of time?

Hmm.  That list is both scary and not-so-scary.  I guess the easy answer is just to practice, apply, and learn, but then again, it scares me to have to really think about all of that.  I guess if that photog is where they are, they only got there by having to jump the same hurdles as me.  So, I guess it's just watch out world I'm ready to tackle (and think about) whatever jumps at me!  Ready, set, here I go!

Posted byAshley C. at 12:58 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment