8.41'

I've got to have my moment to shine.  Will you let me?  Okay, well I mentioned a couple posts ago that I started the Biggest Loser program at work.  One of the challenges this week was to log in your fastest mile on the treadmill.  Let me begin by saying that I usually run my mile on 5.5 speed, so it takes me about 12 minutes to finish and when I'm close to the end, I'm ready to just let the belt throw me off because I'm dead.  Well . . . on Wednesday, I looked at the fastest times logged in by other participants and they were 8.29', and 9.22'.  I figured that I would give it a shot.  I love me some competition.  I set the treadmill to 6.5 speed and was pretty sure I was going to die.  I felt like my lungs were collapsing and that my head was going to burst.  BUT, I made it and logged 9.25'; the fastest time I have ever done in a mile, I'm positive of it.  I was not happy with being in third.  Sooo I tried again today.  Instead, I set my speed to 7.0 and ran that speed the entire time.  Want to hear what my final time was?  8.41!!!!!!!!  WHY?!  I am sooo tempted to try again tomorrow!  I was only 12 seconds away from the best time! :-[  But you know what?  I already beat my best time.  By nearly 3-4 minutes, so this was huge for me.  I have to say that I'm proud . . . even though I did come in second.

Here's to being in second . . . and a second week of Biggest Loser! ;-]

Posted byAshley C. at 9:06 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment