More engagement details

I wanted to come here and share some more information about the engagement that didn't really fit in with the story (and that's too cool not to tell!).  So, you know how I just got back from Tennessee with Josh?  Well, that's not the way our anniversary was supposed to go.  He went into the jeweler's the Monday before our anniversary and bought the ring and needed it sized.  He told the lady that he needed the ring done before Thursday because he had proposal plans.  I guess he already purchased plane tickets for us to go to Florida and he was going to propose to me on the 12th, the day before our anniversary.  BUT, he got a call on Tuesday saying that the ring wouldn't be done until Wednesday night.  On Wednesday, he got a call saying the ring wouldn't be done until Thursday night.  So, there went his plans!  Haha, so, he got his money back for the plane tickets and planned for Tennessee instead.  I don't know how in the world he held that in!!  I am not good at keeping these kinds of surprises in, but evidently he is.  So, when we got back from Tennessee, he picked up the the ring a couple days later. 

This past Saturday, Josh and I planned on going to Chicago and spending the day there at Navy Pier; we were more than half way there, but because we both were tired from washing our cars all day, we decided to turn around and go Sunday instead.  After he proposed and we were talking, he told me that he really pushed for us to skip Saturday and come back Sunday because he didn't bring the ring with him.  He did not want to miss the perfect opportunity to propose, so he wanted to go Sunday.  Haha!  Then on Sunday, he said that there were lots of "chances" to propose, but he wanted to wait for something more . . ."perfect."  And right before I said Just propose to me already he said a very quiet prayer, asking God to please open doors and make this moment that moment.  He thought it was funny because literally 2 seconds later, I told him that.  It gave him the perfect opportunity to propose; and let me tell you what, I would not have changed that for a proposal in sunny Florida on the beach.  Never.  The entire proposal played out so well and simple . . . exactly the way I imagined.


Now, people keep asking if we've got the day picked out yet.  For those that know me and Josh, since like day 2 of us being together, we've always said, "August 13, 2010," but obviously that did not happen, so we have decided on August 13, 2011.  We have also decided (and have talked about for a long time) on a destination wedding in Hawaii with our immediate families (mom, dad, brother, sisters).  We are both more than willing to sacrifice that huge, expensive, traditional wedding and beautiful reception for the chance to get our families together, bonding, spending time together, and becoming one; after all, that's what matters in the end, right? We are still going to have a nice wedding in Hawaii, but only with the 9 of us.  ;-]  But, we've also decided that after we come back from our Honeymoon, we will have a large get-together/casual reception for everyone to celebrate our marriage with us.  
Josh has our planning under some restraints, though.  Haha, he said that we can't plan anything until this Sunday ("Just give us a week to enjoy this right now.").  On Saturday, we are going to open a joint savings account and put ourselves on a so-called payment plan to get us right where we need to be to meet our wedding budget.  On Sunday, I will begin to share lots more details with you all!  I can't wait!  I just want to lay out a budget, get an idea about pricing, plans, etc.  But, in order to fill this "itch" I have, he at least bought me a destination wedding book and a magazine.  :-]

P.S.: Tonight I will post a picture of the ring.  Dunn dunn dunnnnn!  ;-]   Also, this is where I will be sharing most of the wedding planning and lots of other details, so if you want in on the scoop, click the follow button on the side and check back often; I don't want to be one of those annoying people always updating my status about wedding this and wedding that.  Might get annoying to those that don't care one bit.  :-]   

Posted byAshley C. at 5:31 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment