My Very First Time . . .

So, I have finally decided to try out this blog thing. Don't know why. I guess it's just another constructive hobby to add; and I guess a way for me to organize my thoughts. Since my mind travels a million miles an hour, this will be a fun way for me to actually sit and think about them! I guess another reason for me to start this whole blogging thing is because I am pretty much convinced my life is boring. This will help me look back and see what I have done, said, thought, and felt . . . make myself feel a little better, I suppose.

My goal is to blog every day . . . that's until summer has ended and classes begin. But until then, you will be reading a lot about me. The tricky part of this is finding something to write about.

Today is Sunday, so of course I went to church. I don't know . . . lately I have really felt so distant from God and haven't seen an inch of progress in my relationship with Him. I constantly tell myself, "I'm going to read more, listen to more Christian music, think more positively about the negative, blah blah blah." But, today something hit me. I have been trying all of this on my own. I have not brought my concern to the feet of God. I have not been praying. Come on, Ashley. How could I have thought that reading my Bible more and listening to more Christian music would help me grow as a believer? I was leaving the most important thing out. Prayer. I was putting this into a different perspective for myself. It's like trying to be somebody else when only watching them from a distance. You don't talk to them, so you don't even know them on a personal level. It's the same thing. I have been wanting to be like Christ, but haven't stepped in and tried to get to know Him more . . . only watching from a distance. So naive. So, I think I have gotten my mind around this. Well, for now at least.

After church, me and Josh grabbed McDonalds went to the pier and did a small devotional there. We read about praying for and seeking God's will. This was pretty cool because it played into what I have been struggling with lately. It was pretty fun, besides the fact that it was pretty cold and windy. Maybe this could be our new Sunday tradition. I love traditions. They are just something to look forward to, remember, and share with your kids. There's something warm about having certain traditions. Nothing beats Sunday afternoons, relaxing with your other half, and spending time in His Word together.

We decided to go see the movie Fighting today. That was such a fun movie! Maybe I should start getting into that. Yeah, right. I really don't know how people can do that. It's really scary and I couldn't imagine physically hurting someone else because of this fake built up hatred. Scary thought. It seems a little animalistic haha!

Each day is promised to be new. Maybe tomorrow will help me to renew my ways of thinking.





Posted byAshley C. at 4:56 PM  

1 comments:

Stiltner said... Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 9:14:00 PM PDT  

I LOVE YOUR PAGE SO MUCH*** I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR PAGE. BUT YOUR PAGE IS VERY THOUGHTFUL AND I ENJOY READING IT***

Post a Comment