Ten Twenty Eight

Hooray for day number two! I am actually pretty excited to blog today . . . even though it wasn't a very adventurous day. Today was such a beautiful day, so me and Josh went for a walk. I challenged Josh in doing flips and it's official: my arms (and wrists) are stronger than his. Not to mention, I do better flips! If you can't tell, I'm a competitive person. I always win.

While we were walking there were these two women that were horseback riding and trying to get their horses across this bridge. Josh says that horses are pretty hard to break and it's not easy to get them to cross bridges, water, or anything like that. Eventually they got them across the bridge and I was thinking, "I really want a horse!" So, this has been on my mind since forever, but I really want one now. If it weren't against city code, I would totally put a horse in my backyard and he'll be my new way of transportation. Forget fighting over oil. We decided that as soon as we get married, get our house, and get settled in, we are going to get two horses. One with pink shoes.


Okay, so I have had this laptop since last May and it has been working well. When I ordered it, Josh told me, "No, you don't need more than a year warranty, if something doesn't go wrong the first year, it won't later either." Well, all of a sudden at the beginning of May, my hard drive started acting up. My computer wouldn't load, programs began to disappear, and it would always freeze. We called Dell and they sent us a "new" hard drive. I was so excited to get the hard drive in the mail. I don't think Dell could have found a bigger sticker with bolder print that said REFURBISHED. Seriously. My computer worked for 3 days and it started doing the same thing! Now, we called Dell today and they said, "We can't help you, your warranty is up." HELLO, I ordered the "new" hard drive while I was under warranty, so this is all your fault, don't you understand? Maybe we will try again tomorrow because I am not going to spend $150 on a new drive that they should have supplied me with in the beginning. Whatever. It doesn't make any sense at all. Now I am sitting here typing this blog with a jacked up computer that keeps freezing. Good thing it auto saves this because you wouldn't be hearing from me today if not.

I really admire people that can endure long distance relationships. There really is something about being able to remain faithful and patient while waiting for your other half to return. Being apart really is hard and not everyone can do it. Some people simply say they can't trust their mate, they can't be patient, whatever. This is why I say patience and faithfulness are admirable features. What is really beautiful to me is when both halves are patient and faithful. Distance and absence are two hard obstacles to overcome, but is well worth it in the end. These people are wise enough to see that. Keep on keeping on, girl.

Oh my goodness, one last thing. So far, 3 out of 7 of the class's grades I took this Spring have been turned in and I have 2 A's and 1 B. My goal was to get straight A's. Especially when one professor told our class that he simply does not hand out A's in his class. How ridiculous is that?! Well, he was my first B. Jerk. He better hope I get another B so that I can project this potential low GPA on someone other than him.

Random fact: Coca-Cola would be green if coloring weren't added to it.

Posted byAshley C. at 7:50 PM  

2 comments:

Stiltner said... Monday, May 18, 2009 at 10:58:00 PM PDT  

This WHOLE blog today is wonderful*** First lol your jumping picture looks like you jump SOOOO high whats your secret seriously lol*** oh lol and yea i think you need a horse too lol well two hahha*** one for you and one for Josh*** Second OMG your computer went down at the wrong time man lol. who ever could of known that would happen. just a little cawinkadink. They better fix it for FREE lol or else hahah*** God will handle them*** OH and also that was SOOOOOOO sweet i loved reading about your thoughts on long distance relationships. I totally agree one hundred percent. I wish jason could read it*** Your such a great friend*** And I love reading your BLOGS*** Cant wait for tomorrows*** I have a long day of work tomorrow i dont think i will be able to work out with you again*** ugh. the best i get is a bit in an open gym with no equipment*** just myself lol and that gets so boring. Well i miss hanging out with you and we will soon oh and do you still love your hair?

Anonymous said... Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 5:33:00 AM PDT  

That is seriously awful about the Dell computer. I hope it works out! I bought a brand new (expensive) camera a month ago and when Valerie and I used it Sunday we saw that where the batteries are held it wasn't completely shut and part of it was broken! :( It isn't really bad but not good in any case, because the pressure from the batteries might break the other part. Anyways, I have a two year warranty but one friend said that might not cover personal damage, although I don't remember personally damaging it lol. Seriously though these companies are messed up. I am going to find out if it will be fixed.. back to you on that.

On your quote... that is why I try to drink as little as possible of Coca-Cola or pop.

Post a Comment