I'm So Over You

I feel like I haven't blogged in so long! I have so much to write about on here now . . .

So, today I was super excited because I finally got to go see a dermatologist. Yeah, I would normally keep this to myself because it's a girl-kinda thing we don't usually talk about . . . kind of like push-up bras or Spanx . . . we just like to make it look effortless. Whatever. My face is not really that bad, but I am a grown woman and I shouldn't be breaking out like I am a boy going through puberty. The doctor prescribed me two medications: one topical gel and some pills. On my way out, he gave me two coupons, one of which was for $35 off the prescription. I was thinking to myself "Coupons of high value mean that the item is really expensive. Crap." So, I went to the pharmacy, dropped them off, and they told me that for both of the prescriptions, it will be $200! Thank goodness I have insurance, otherwise they would have costed $900! That is just insance. So in essence, I looked like a poor person walking around with acne on my face. Huh.
Any way, later I called to get the price (after the coupons were run through the system) and fortunately, they will both only cost $58. What a weight off my shoulders. I mean, I want a clear face, but for that price, that medication better replace acne with gold flakes.
So, starting tomorrow, I am working towards a new me. I will be watching what I eat, working out two times a day, and working on this beautiful face. Watch out, now!

On a more serious note, I am going to let you in on a story about my dad. So, lately, he has been ignoring my texts, so on Sunday, I sent him a text that simply said, "Long time, no talk." He replied back with a smart comment and it just escalated from there. It ended with his wife being his mouth piece. I ignored them and didn't reply. Well, this morning, my dad sent me a text that said, "What's your problem now? All it takes is a simple text saying, 'Hi.'" He only said this because he was trying to mock me and say what I already said in hopes to making me upset. It worked. I just replied back by saying, "Hi, dad." So, to make a long story short, after a few texts, he was upset that I didn't text my step-brother who was visiting him. I told him that I was busy but tell him "hi" for me. He said "Whatever." This really sent me over the edge. I sent him a message that basically told him that I was fed up with his smart comments and him popping in and out of my life with no consideration to how it affects me. He ignores me when I attempt to have a consistent relationship with him and it's been that way for 18 years. I told him that I was done and when he's ready to be a father, let me know, otherwise, I am done with him because I am tired of sacrificing and giving my all to someone that doesn't acknowledge that. He replied back by saying, "What started all of this?" Umm, hello. It doesn't just start, it has been an on-going process and I'm through. His absence has affected me enough and I am too strong to let him keep tearing me down. That was the end of the conversation. No reply from him.

Remember when I was talking about my two bad hard drives? I finally got a new one in the mail, thanks to Josh. He finally installed it and my laptop is officially running smoothly. By some miracle, I didn't lose any of my music! Josh transferred all of my files onto his computer so that I didn't lose them, but I never thought my thousands of songs transferred, too! So, my computer is like (not-so) new! No more frustration towards my pretty pink laptop.

When everyone was crazy about Twilight, they kept insisting that I read it. "You can't put it down once you start." So, I didn't want to start, because I didn't have the extra time to put into 4 foot-thick books when I have a stack of homework pending.
I just started Twilight today! I love it! I saw the movie, and people were right, they are soo different! I like that I can picture Bella and Edward. When I'm reading, I have a movie reel in the back of my head . . . it's awesome! So, I am so excited to finish the book and start on the next. Actually, I want to end this blog so I can go read!

That's just what I'll do. Bring this to a close. I will definitely keep blogging about my new gold-plated face and how the pounds are building. I mean shedding.

Random Fact: The average human accidentally eats 8 spiders in their lifetime.

Posted byAshley C. at 9:57 PM  

1 comments:

Stiltner said... Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 7:09:00 PM PDT  

I feel so ad about your dad deal but i totally understand. I told my dad i was getting married even after he doesnt try to contact me ever. All he had to say was what did your mom say about that... So when i have my real wedding im choosing who will give me away. BUT*** anywho i feel bad and im glad you stood up for yourself. Im super glad your computer works great and your music is still there. Also I love that your excited about your medication*** Thats really cool about the work out too. You go girl***

Post a Comment