Love in Full Bloom

Love in full bloom. That's what I have been feeling a lot the past few days. Maybe it has something to do with the weather. There is something so much more different from winter and summer and the feelings the two seasons bring.

Today me and Josh were supposed to just go to the park with our bucket of baseballs and two bats. One of which is probably two times the size I should use. We make do with what we have . . . I guess. We planned on going and hitting around some balls and just have fun together. Of course, those plans didn't go through. Instead, we decided to pack ourselves a lunch and go have a picnic instead. Again, those plans fell through as well. I had to hurry to get to class, so we just set up our lunch on the back patio and enjoyed it there instead. Before we started eating, I felt like something was missing on the table. "Close your eyes. Promise you won't open them." I told Josh. So, I snuck over to the lilac tree, cut him some lilacs, and brought them to him. He deserved something sweet for once. Even though they made his allergies flare up.



The weather has been so beautiful and so fresh lately that it really has forced me to look at me and Josh's love a little differently. I truly do believe that love goes through its seasons. Summer is the best. Both in the actual seasonal meaning and in the relationship sense. Why summer? Because not only is it a time for couples to be able to enjoy each other in the beautiful weather, do enjoyable things, but most of all, my favorite reason: it's temporary. If summer were summer all year round, it wouldn't be what it is. Summer is a time of renewal, fun, and freshness. I look at summer as a representation of a dimension of love. Of course, there are 3 other seasons and love needs that. Love needs a time of hardships, dryness, and storms. If it didn't, love wouldn't be what it is. Love needs a summer time for the reconnection of the two and as much as I don't want to say it again, but a refreshment of the two souls. Even though summer is a more enjoyable time, it's opposite, winter, needs to be embraced, as well. When winter comes around, it really is a hard time for all living things like plants and animals to endure and push through this kind of weather. Not all living things get a chance to see summer again, but if they are strong enough to get through the craziness of winter, they are sure to see summer. This is so much like love. Not all couples are strong enough to persevere through hardships, but when they do, they are going to have so much more beauty to show off in the most beautiful seasons of life.

I am so grateful and thankful that God has placed an amazing man like Josh to go through life with. Anytime I need Josh, he is never behind me watching me experience life, he walking beside me, hand-in-hand experiencing it with me. I couldn't ask for more.

Joshua, I love you and I appreciate you more than I could ever express. We have the most beautiful love I know because we have been able to endure the hard times and embrace the good. Let's enjoy our summer together. I can sleep well at night knowing that I have the most amazing man to hold me through winter's nights.

Random fact: The original name for a butterfly was a flutterby.

Posted byAshley C. at 9:13 PM  

1 comments:

Stiltner said... Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 5:58:00 PM PDT  

omg that was such a great metaphor of love*** That really did make me think and its def right*** VERY BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN AND THOUGHT OUT.

Awww your guys plans fell through for some reason. Something might have happened like getting stung by a bee so God made it so you couldn't go*** nice way to think of that lol. getting those flowers was such a good idea*** LOVE IT*** and LOVE you guys***

Post a Comment