Headaches and Cheekaches

This weekend couldn't have been more relaxing! I have had major headaches from sleeping so much and my cheeks still hurt from smiling and laughing so much with my clubbers! Where to start . . .


My roomie (well, ex-roomie, but she still and will always hold that title) has been so down in the dumps because her husband thought that serving the country is better than being at home with his new wife (sarcasm). Me and Josh had to take her out of the house and show her a good time. We know all about that! We picked her up in Club Clipsy, cranked up the music, and rocked out all the way to Chicago. Man, what an awesome time. We love her because she is never afraid to let loose. I am the kind of girl that loves being crazy, having fun . . . simply being me, and I don't want to be weighed down with trying to entertain. This girl is an entertainer! After 3 hours of music, hundreds of grams of sugar from snacks, and tons of pictures later, I look in the back seat and she was sleeping! Party pooper! I guess it really payed off when she admitted that this was the first time that she has actually had fun since her husband has been gone. Thanks, girl!


The following day, me and Josh picked up one of our "couples" and thought it'd be fun to go back to Chicago. It was really fun just being silly and being able to enjoy each other. We planned on going to Grant and Millennium Park. Windows down. Music (and bass) up. Hot Cheetos and Red Bull. $18 parking. It all results in a great time with these two . . . one of which hates Chicago. How can you hate Chicago? "The parking sucks. It's dirty. Too many poor people. Too much traffic. Too crowded. It stinks." Excuse me, sir, we are no longer in a small, 30,000 person town. I think he just needs to go out more and look beyond some things. Maybe he did. I think we actually got it out of him that it was nice. ;-] Regardless of how long it took for Negative Ned to warm up, we had a great time! We love these two because they are so unique! I don't think we laugh more with (or at) other people than we do with them.

The more I actually hang out with people, I ask myself, "What makes me dislike meeting new people?" Like, I strongly dislike meeting new people. I don't like the awkward silence. I don't like the limp handshakes. I just don't like anything about meeting new people. Why? I really do love my friends . . . each and every one of them. I know that friends are what makes life more rich and I don't really reach out and let more people in. Maybe that should be my new goal: meet new people and be interested in investing time in them.

No. I'm not going to lie. I probably won't achieve this goal!

My weekend-long summer is almost over. I have class tomorrow night and for the next two Saturdays, then I start 3 online classes that following Monday. At least they're online. I don't think December can get here any quicker.

Now that I have officially and completely come across writer's block, I am going to pick this up again tomorrow when I am more focused.

Random Fact: Children grow faster in the springtime. -- This could mean that I'll grow a few more inches! ;-]

Posted byAshley C. at 7:21 PM  

1 comments:

Stiltner said... Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:13:00 PM PDT  

LOL i love this. I'm so blessed to have awsome roomies like you guys*** lol i felt bad i got tired hahah. I loved watching you dance your good girl*** REALLY GOOD*** You looked so confertable dancing i swear i was like who is that hahahhaha lol*** OMG That sounds like you guys had so much fun i loved looking at ALL your pics on facebook. I love it lol thats awsome***

Post a Comment