Michael Scott, here

My best friend, Errika had her little one!  She had April Rayn on Friday at 5:59 p.m. and she weighed 8.9lbs and was 21.25in long with a full head of hair.  Just beautiful and perfect.  Errika made everything look so easy and smooth.  She was herself throughout the whole thing: smiling, laughing, and asking silly questions. 

Me?  Well, I guess you can call me Michael Scott (The Office) because that's exactly how I felt.  For those that don't know Michael, he's very intrusive; always has to be in the middle of someone else's intimate moments.  I know, Errika asked me to be there and I was privileged and beyond thrilled that she would ask something like that from me, but I really hope that she didn't see me as "in the way."  Haha before going, I was tempted to Google something like "labor and delivery photographer ettiquette," but figured that most photographer aren't best friends with the person in labor.  So, I told myself that I wouldn't speak unless spoken to, wait for cues to know it's okay to get certain shots, and not be in her husband's way whatsoever.  Only two of those actually happened!  I definitely talked, but wasn't running my mouth non-stop.  I cheered her on quietly, but kept it mild enough for her husband to say that he was running the show.  :)  The whole time, I acted as though my photography was second priority; If her husband stepped away or moved positions, I would jump in, take as many photos as I could, and when he came back, I moved immediately.  I know that he appreciated that because of course he'd rather be by her side, comforting her, holding her hand, and keeping the rag on her forehead cool. 

All that I have to say is that this girl is hawt!  She stayed hawt during her entire labor and delivery and made giving birth look like a piece of cake.  Her and her husband have this amazing, spoken-without-words kind of language and neither of them skipped a beat; they were there for each other in every way possible.  You can see their love for each other radiating from every thing they did and said to each other.  They are now a family of 3 and I am excited and eager to see what the future holds for them; plenty of happiness, laughter, and love, I'm sure.  Congratulations to your new family, mama!

Posted byAshley C. at 9:22 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment