Labor and delivery opp

Within the next 24 hours, my best friend, Errika is going to have her baby! :)  I am excited for two reasons: 1) We are best friends and I've watched her belly grow the past 9 months, 2) She asked me to photograph the labor and delivery.  I am honored because I know that these will be very precious moments.  Her and her husband only have 2 more weeks before he goes back to Iraq to finish the last 6 months of his tour, so I am honored that she's even thinking about me while he's here haha!
People are probably thinking, "Ah, how could she let someone photograph that?!" or "She's letting you in the room?"  Let's make a few things clear . . . I'm not there to get those kinds of shots; I am there to capture the natural moments, the moments that are happening in between that they aren't paying attention to and can't necessarily enjoy; I'm there to capture the details that are missed and go unnoticed.  And not to mention, I'm there because she asked me to be and because we are best friends. :) 

So, here's to Errika and her husband's last night before becoming parents!  You guys will enjoy it and as I've said time and time before, you two make the most perfect team. ;)  I'll see you in the a.m. on the other side of the door! ;)

Posted byAshley C. at 5:02 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment