Interview and naked finger

I don't know which I feel more sick about: the interview I have today for the second most perfect job for me (at least, at this point in my life), or that I have to give my ring back to the jeweler until probably Monday. 

I am just very nervous about this interview because I've only got one shot to prove myself to be the best candidate for a position that would be sooo perfect for me.  Not only will I have a new job, but I'll be able to keep the old; I'll be working 60 hours a week, but hey, I am planning a wedding now! ;-]  Actually, maybe that's why I am so nervous.  Work is getting slow for Josh and I know that him being laid off is right around the corner and I am not the most patient person . . . we have a lot of planning to do in order to lock in our wedding more than a thousand miles away.  We can really use the money. 
Come to think of it, after the 3 interviews I had for that other position, back in May, you would think that I would be an interviewing pro.  This should be a piece of cake, right?

Or, maybe I'm just sad that I have to give my ring back to the jeweler today since my diamond is loose.  Before the proposal, Josh got the ring sized and it seems that they forgot to tighten the prongs.  I noticed that it was kind of loose on Saturday; when I told Josh he told me, "It's not loose," but after he really looked at it, he agreed.  We went to the mall and showed it to the jeweler and she was going to take it that day.  It wasn't even going to ship out 'til today!  No, ma'am!  I would like to wear my ring for as long as I can . . . why would I want it to sit at the mall for 4 days, waiting for service?!  So, we are going to drop it off tonight and they say that they will "rush" it, but I wouldn't bank on that.  I am not happy about my soon-to-be naked finger.  :-/  But, I suppose I'd rather have a naked finger than to lose my diamond.  It's only 6 days.  It's only 6 days.  It's only 6 days.

Posted byAshley C. at 7:36 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment