It's all coming together

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine posted something on her Facebook that she was leaving her position at the high school and was eagerly looking for someone to replace (to refer to the principal) her because she wants to be a stay-at-home mommy.  So, I asked her about the position, applied, and waited.  Well, yesterday I got a call from the vice-principal asking if I was still interested in coming in for interview.  The catch: I've known him since 7th grade!  He was my gym teacher 7-8th grade and my dean 9-12th grade; so, he knows me pretty well.  :-]  Oh and *fogging nails, wiping them on my shirt* he said I was one of his favorite students.  Hopefully this means something for me!  haha  I will be going in for my interview on Tuesday.  Oh, I forgot to mention the best part: I will be able to keep the job I have now, too!  BUT, as I've learned before, I will not be counting my eggs before they hatch.  I will just be praying that God opens and shuts doors as He sees deemed . . . just as He's done before.  I like it that way. ;-]

Also, I was thinking . . . If I get this job, I will have teacher's hours, which means no August 13th wedding.  Not to mention, Josh's sister and dad both work for/in schools and for the construction business, August is the most difficult with turning projects over.  What were we thinking for this to work out?  We want to be able to take 2 weeks off of work to get married, go on our honeymoon, and settle into our new place of residence, so August just will not work out with ours or our family's work schedules.  SO, this means that it is highly possible for us to have a July wedding!  That means sooner!  :-]  I briefly mentioned all of this to Josh over the phone while he was on his way home from work, so he probably didn't really soak in all that I was saying so we'll definitely have to sit down together with our families and figure out what works best for all of our schedules.  He reminded me to be open-minded for dates but I WILL NOT have a wedding later than August.  I just won't.  He needs to be my husband sooner than later.  Plus, I can't take time off work, the vice told me so.  ;-]  It's either July or December and he must be crazy if he thinks I want to wait until December 2011! 

Watching this whole thing come together (our engagement and possible job placement) is just a small reminder that God has us exactly where He wants us and nothing is more comfortable than that.  ;-]

Posted byAshley C. at 6:02 PM  

1 comments:

Tanya said... Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 2:57:00 PM PDT  

Hi-
I just found your blog through Andreas blog. I had to smile when I was reading your About Me because I have always said that I was a Midwestern girl with a southern girl heart. I have always wanted to live in the South and hope that someday I will.
Congratulations on your engagement and I hope your plans work out.

Post a Comment