Shabby meets Cottage

Forget the 15 bridal magazines that I've subscribed to; just give me some shabby chic meets cottage interior design magazines.  I've been spending 4 of the last 7 days in Barnes and Noble and let me tell you, this place sucks you in like some kind of vortex.  Even though I've got my nose in a series right now, I just have an impulse to buy more books.  I don't like to borrow or rent books . . . there is something about the smell of a brand new book and to know it's only yours makes it that much better.

Anyway . . . where was I?  Oh!  Interior design magazines.  Yes.  I. Love. Them.  I forewarned Josh in a nice way.  I said, hey babe, when you're done playing your video game, can you come look at these magazines to see what I really like and what you're getting into?  He never came.  I took that as a sign of "Honey, I trust you."  Score!  :)  I have finally nailed the look that I am going for.  That shabby chic meets warm cottage.  Think it can't happen?  Oh, it can.  Just you watch! ;)  I even convinced him that as long as I can gather things from thrift stores, antique shops, and barn sales, he won't have to spend much money on "real" furniture.  Again, he didn't respond so I took that as a big "Yes!  You're too cool and I love that you save us money all the time!"  *clears throat and bats eyelashes* ;)

I will have to post some photos of what I'm talking about another time! 

Posted byAshley C. at 10:19 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment