I'm just preparing myself

I'm beginning to feel like I'm talking to myself on here.  People always tell me that they read my blogs, but no one comments and I haven't had a new follower since day one.  I can tell you that one reason for that is that most of the blogs I follow are the ones that I cannot yet relate to: the stay-at-home, crafty, money-saving, photographer, mommy blogs.  What interest do they have in a girl like me?  I'm kind of in limbo right now.  I've tried the whole money-saving thing and as I mentioned before, I really stink at balancing.  I'm not yet a mom, I actually have to go to work, and try to become a photographer on the side.  I love reading the blogs that I read because I have learned a lot and I can honestly say that had it not been for following the blogs that I follow, I would never had started clipping coupons, became interested in photography, or have a strong opinion for breast-feeding (and cloth diapers and baby-wearing!). 

Who am I you might ask?  A 22-year old that is engaged and planning a wedding for next July.  I am still living at home, but mostly buy my own groceries so I attempt to save as much money as I can in the process.  I do not have kids, but want a handful of them ASAP and when I do, I will try with all I have to solely breast-feed.  I would like to call myself a professional photographer but the truth is that I haven't even found myself or my voice.  Kinda funny that I'm reading the blogs that I am, huh?  No, I am not trying to become something that I'm not but I don't think you have an idea how badly I want to be at the stage in my life where I can say I am a stay-at-home mom that only breast feeds, uses cloth diapers, and carries my baby in a sling while I am balancing blogging, photography, and loving my husband with my entire heart.  I'm just preparing myself. ;)

Posted byAshley C. at 3:40 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 5:40:00 PM PST  

I love you and I love your blog! I feel like I am writing to myself, too :) The good news is that our lives will be well documented. Keep on writing, keep on doing photogrophy, keep on keepin' on!

Post a Comment