Mature Decisions

I just finished doing something very grown womanish.  Something I should have done about 5 years ago.  Yes, Josh and I just budgeted our money!  We sat down, listed all of our bills (gym membership, credit cards, phone, Netflix subscription, etc.) along with our monthly income and our monthly savings deposit goal.  We have plans to pay certain bills off along the way and that money (previously spent on a bill) will be directed to the next bill that needs most attention.  I even have little virtual post-it notes on the desktop of my laptop with all of our bills and their due dates with astericks next to the ones that are "mine."  This is going to be a constant reminder of where our attention needs to be.  I feel really good about the this!  You all probably know how spontaneous me and Josh's spending (and eating out, and random splurges!) are, so this is going to be huge!!
What caused us to do something so . . . mature?  Well, we decided that it would be very silly to spend so much money on apartment rent while saving for a down payment on a home so we are just going to cram (and budget) our money as much as we can before the wedding and see what we have in our savings and hope that we have enough for a decent down payment on a starter home. :)  All of a sudden, I'm that much more excited about getting married!

Today I also made another step into the "paraben, preservative, harsh chemical free world!"  I want to share more on that so I will save for another post ASAP. ;)

Posted byAshley C. at 8:00 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment