Best birthday thus far!

Happy almost-half-way-to-fiftieth-birthday to my Lover!  I asked him where he wanted to eat for his birthday and he told me Portillo's.  Not The Cheesecake Factory or a nice steak place but a fast food burger/hotdog place.  When I told him no and to choose something nicer he told me, "I don't want to sit down and eat fancy; that's you."  Well, I'm glad that he knows my style then! :)  So, we went to Portillo's, got 2 slices of their chocolate cake with our order and I role-played that I made it.  I know that those days of surprises are gone now . . . we are together too much for those things to play out (and living together will just make it even harder!).  No birthday cake (or candles, of course).  No birthday gift (he didn't want anything, okay?!).  :(  I hope he doesn't think that I've given up on romance and surprises.  Baby, I promise that if you wanted the moon, I would bring you the moon.  But you didn't ask.

After we got home from lunch, there was a message playing on the answering machine from the local police department saying something about laptop and recovered and burglary.  Josh tells me, "Did you hear that?  They found our laptops!"  Yeah right, that was 6 months ago.  Press replay so we can hear the whole message.  And believe it or not, the man on the other end was saying that the laptop that was stolen in July has been recovered and they have it at the department.  I called him back, left a message to call back.  While waiting, we were debating about whose laptop we hope it is (mine, his, or my mom's) and whose laptop would be more important to have been recovered.  He called within 5 minutes.  While I had him on the phone, I asked him, Sir, we actually had three laptops stolen, could you tell me what color it is? "I have a blue Dell XPS."  Babe!  It's yours!  They have your laptop!  Josh is just yelling back, "Nuh uh!  Don't lie!" 
Within 15 minutes, the detective delivered the once nice, now beaten up, raggedy, scratched, holding onto life by a single strand computer back into its owner's hands.  Fortunately, LoJack was activated, the computer was locked and Josh was on the phone with the company getting it unlocked.  I'm still waiting to hear from Josh whether all of his files are safe and untouched.  The one thing that I try to block from my mind is that all, and I do mean all of my photos were taken with my computer.  BUT, all of those photos were also on his computer so hope remains! ;)

Posted byAshley C. at 6:13 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment